Since I hate talking about myself, I thought I would do a Q&A instead.
- How did you get into photography? Back in the day when I was planning my wedding, I wanted to bring a camera along on our honeymoon to always remember what we did through pictures. Of course part of getting a camera is learning how to use it and the only subject I had at the time to test it on was either my future husband or our dogs. Well, lets just say my husband wasn’t too eager to be my model, so I turned to my dogs since they couldn’t tell me no. :-) I really enjoyed taking images of my pets, (still do) and decided that I would volunteer with a couple pet rescue groups to take photos of dogs that needed to get adopted, in hopes that a better image would result in more adoptions. From there my love for photography grew, I loved trying to capture images of the adoptable dog that enhanced who they were and then seeing them getting adopted because of it.
- Where do you get your inspiration for the photos you take? I am a photo junky, I adore not only taking photos but also looking at what others have taken. Sometimes it’s a certain texture I see on the side of a building that will spark something, other times its seeking another professional work different angles, lighting, etc that help remind me to try new things.
- How long have you been doing photography? I started out as a non-professional back in 2006, and it slowly grew from there into my full time job.
- What do you do in your spare time? I volunteer with Midwest Boston Terrier Rescue, and enjoy doing almost anything outdoors with my hubby.
- What’s your favorite color? Blue
- What’s one thing we might not know about you? I am extremely hard on myself, rather it being not able to figure out some office program or constantly critiquing my own work/personal life. BUT with that said, I think that’s what makes me aways want to strive to better in both my personal life and business.